Learn Portuguese with Stories - Interview with Olly Richards
Join the Speaking Brazilian YouTube Club to have access to the transcript of this video and many other videos.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Olly Richard for my YouTube channel, and I’m thrilled to share this interview with you.
Olly is a polyglot who speaks 8 languages. He has a very cool YouTube channel called Olly Richards where he shares how to study languages through stories.
Olly also speaks Portuguese, so of course, I invited him to have a conversation in Portuguese for my YouTube channel.
Here are some takeaways from this interview:
What inspired Olly to learn Portuguese?
- Olly loves learning new languages and he is a musician. The first thing that he fell in love with was the Brazilian music.
What was Olly's biggest struggle in learning Portuguese?
- For Olly, the biggest struggle was when he went to Rio de Janeiro and was exposed to the reality of Brazilian Portuguese.
How Olly recommends that those who are learning Portuguese use stories to learn the language?
- Olly recommends reading through to the end of the chapter without using a dictionary. Then go back and read the entire chapter again.
- Don't look for every word in the dictionary. Instead, look for relevant words or those that appear at least 5 times in the text.
- Start with small books suited to your level.
If you’re interested in learning more about Olly, see the link to his channel below:
I hope you enjoyed this interview as much as I did!
What did you find most interesting about the interview?
Leave a comment below with your answer.
Até a próxima!